Services & Solutions
Domestic Waste CollectionTedcor offers a domestic waste collection service on behalf of municipalities or their public sector institutions responsible for managing waste.
Commercial Waste CollectionTedcor provides collection, handling and transportation of waste for commercial clients.
Waste ManagementThe resources we consume - water, energy air, land, trees, minerals - are finite, and will not be there for future generations if do not conserve them.
ConsultingTedcor applies its wealth of experience to provide clients with innovative and creative solutions in the waste sector.
Domestic Waste Collection
Tedcor offers a domestic waste collection service on behalf of municipalities or their public sector institutions responsible for managing waste. All refuse that is put out on collection days is removed. The service includes door-to-door collection services, removal of illegal dumping, street cleaning and litter picking.
To provide the service, Tedcor would appoint members of the local community, where the service is rendered, to become community contractors. To be a contractor, the incumbent needs to live in the area where the service is being rendered, must have a relevant driver’s license, must be able to read and write, and must show some leadership skills. Where these criteria are met, Tedcor would then assist them in setting up their business, providing them with ongoing support in order deliver a quality service.
The service area is then normally divided into an economically viable number of households per community contractor and the areas are normally serviced once a week. The service provided includes the following:
- Domestic removal: all refuse is removed from each household once per week.
- Garden refuse: all garden refuse that is placed in bags or tied in bundles is collected weekly with the household refuse.
- Street cleaning: streets and all public open spaces are cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Litter bins: these are cleaned during the collection rounds.
- Illegal dumping: removed weekly; all efforts are undertaken to prevent illegal dumping through educational programmes and interaction with the community.
Tedcor also supports campaigns and pilot projects which encourage residents to separate their recyclable waste at source.