Services & Solutions
Domestic Waste CollectionTedcor offers a domestic waste collection service on behalf of municipalities or their public sector institutions responsible for managing waste.
Commercial Waste CollectionTedcor provides collection, handling and transportation of waste for commercial clients.
Waste ManagementThe resources we consume - water, energy air, land, trees, minerals - are finite, and will not be there for future generations if do not conserve them.
ConsultingTedcor applies its wealth of experience to provide clients with innovative and creative solutions in the waste sector.
Corporate Social Investment
Tedcor’s entire business model is geared to CSI, in that it empowers people by creating jobs and delivering a valuable service, which solves a global problem brought about particularly by rapid urbanisation: waste. Such contributions are geared towards supporting socio-economic development in the communities in which the company does business, by providing funding and support for projects which promote the reduction, re-use and recycling of waste products, all of which create conditions for a more responsible approach to keeping our environment clean and green.
For a comprehensive overview of what Tedcor does, please take a gander at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tq0VrfpBA&feature=em-share_video_user
Over and above this, the company also focuses on projects that are particularly aimed at traditional CSI. Tedcor has been involved in the following CSI initiatives in the past:
- Dance for Life Theatre Group in Mpumalanga:
- Donations were made to enable the group to host performances.
- Additionally, as part of its efforts to assist local community events, Tedcor provided the touring theatre group with transport and accommodation.
- St Catherina Hospice, Mogwase, Moses Kotane Local Municipality
- A substantial contribution was made to the Hospice for over three years, which included funding for Sister Alina Mothlabe, so that she could complete her nursing degree.
- Hospice provides palliative care for patients who have life-threatening, life-shortening or terminal illnesses.
- 1,500 lap desks were donated to a historically disadvantaged school in Boksburg, with Archbishop Desmond Tutu being the custodian for the programme.
- 3 underprivileged scholars were sent to the UK for the school holidays, to attend programmes offered there.
- Tedcor has started and sponsored a number of vegetable gardens in the urban areas where it collects waste.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has confirmed that the work Tedcor does creates up to 15 jobs with every entrepreneur employed, while confirming that one of the reasons waste management has been chosen as a particular area of empowerment is that it is relatively easy to set up a business structure. This just goes to show that Tedcor embraces the vision that hard work is not difficult – all it requires is a willing mind! Please see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PuJ1MEwZdg